Residents often need someone to look after their pets and houses whilst travelling and being away from home.
Although social media has made this a little easier, it also provides for many opportunistic offers, with the question in mind: Who to trust and why. Having a stranger in your private space and entrusting someone with the welfare of your animals can become rather challenging. With this in mind, JBO News investigated this trade and is happy to introduce a very unique service.
PET & HOUSE SITTING SERVICE
Benefits of such service are as follows:
1. Safeguards your home by showing occupancy while you are away making it a crime deterrent as your absence will be less visible.
2. General maintenance is taken care of. You return from holiday to a clean house, watered plants and maintained pool and of course happy and loved animals.
3. Reduced pet trauma by keeping your animals in their own environment and taking them on regular walks
4. No need to ask your neighbour, friends or family to take care of your pets. By getting a Pet and House sitter, you avoid imposing on neighbours, friends and families lives providing you peace of mind that you can holiday without feeling guilty about them having to take care of your home and animals.
5. Your animals will get the unconditional love that they receive when you are home. Your animals are loved, played with and exercised so you can get home to happy, healthy and fit animals. It will help balance your animal’s energy levels also so that you don’t get home to a dog who is frustrated from not playing and exercising enough. It will be almost like you never left home!
6. No worries about exposure to any diseases. By avoiding kennels, you are also avoiding having your animals get into contact with diseases that other animals may be carrying and thus avoiding your animals getting affected by it. Having your animals’ board in kennels can also cause behavioural problems.
7. Keep you connected to your home while you are away. Your House and Pet Sitter can forward and take messages for you, keeping confidentiality in mind of course.
8. Regular update and feedback will be provided as required.
THE PET NANNY
Introducing Ciske Vorster, Jeffreys Bay and surrounds’ own Pet Nanny. More about her:
- 3 years experience in the industry
- Local knowledge & well established
- Currently full time employed – meaning the service is offered out love more than than financial demand
- Small staff compliment available as backup
- Qualified animal first aid available
- Direct access to qualified veterinary assistant if required
- Completed an SPCA admin & legal course on animal management