Voice Minutes Bundles | Voice bundle details
Telkom has launched its new range of mobile voice bundles, “aimed at offering customers greater flexibility in managing their fluctuating business and personal voice usage demands”. Telkom Postpaid, Saver/Top-Up, and Prepaid subscribers are eligible to purchase the voice minutes bundles.
The bundles are available in three variants:
- All-network minutes: calls to any local national mobile network within South Africa.
- Telkom mobile minutes: calls to any Telkom mobile number or numbers ported to Telkom mobile network.
- Telkom fixed-line minutes: calls to any Telkom fixed-line geographic numbers.
The bundle pricing is detailed in the table below.
VOICE MINUTES BUNDLES
|Telkom mobile minutes||Price|
|Telkom fixed-line minutes||Price|
Voice bundle details
How I do purchase these voice minutes bundles?
Subscribers have an option to add the bundles are once-off or recurring bundles:
- Once-off bundles – subscribers can purchase the bundles via USSD by dialing *180# and dial button from the handset and follow the menu prompts.
- Recurring voice minutes bundles shall be purchased via the Store or by phoning the Call Centre.
When will the voice minutes bundles expire?
- Once-off voice minutes bundles shall expire at the end of the next calendar month from the date of activation.
- Recurring voice bundles shall be permitted to carry over to accumulate a maximum of 6 months’ worth of unused voice bundle allocations(s) before the first-in-first-out rule is applied towards forfeiting the unused voice bundle allocation(s).
How will the voice minutes bundles be billed?
Voice minutes bundles shall be billed on per second billing methodology.
Do I still need to purchase airtime and convert it to a Voice minutes bundle on Prepaid and Saver/Top-Up?
Yes, Prepaid and Saver/Top-Up subscribers will need to purchase airtime and convert to voice minutes bundles via USSD by dialling *180# then dial button from the handset and follow the menu prompts.
Will I be able to call a Telkom mobile number if my Telkom Mobile minutes are depleted?
The voice minutes allocation(s) shall first deplete from the same calling/bundle type e.g. All-net calls will consume from All-net minutes.
Once Telkom mobile or Telkom fixed-line minutes are depleted, only then shall the call consume from All-net minutes. All-net calls will only deplete from All-net minutes.
How do I check my voice minutes balance?
Dial *188# and dial button from the USSD menu, an SMS will be sent with all remaining balances.
Will I get notification when my minutes are depleted?
Yes, an SMS will be sent when 10 minutes are remaining and again when minutes are depleted.
Will I be able to transfer my voice minutes bundles?
No, voice minutes bundles cannot be transferred to another user or subscriber.
Will I be able to make international calls with my voice minutes bundles?
No, international calling is excluded from the voice minutes bundles and will be charged at applicable international call rates.
Is there limit of the number of voice bundles and denomination I can add or purchase?
Any combination and number of recurring voice minutes bundles may be added onto a subscriber’s account, excluding multiple of the same denomination bundles type.
Will I lose the carry-over voice minutes bundles when I cancel the recurring bundles?
Once a recurring voice bundle is cancelled, the carry-over minutes will not expire in the bill cycle within which it is cancelled, but the first-in-first-out rule is applied towards forfeiting the unused voice bundles allocation(s).