With all the current excitement surrounding Jeffreys Bay, how come our town is not trending on Social Media? Anyone have a smart phone in town?
Let’s not lose the momentum as we await the arrival of the top surfers in World Surfing. Let us tell the World why we live in JBay!
Getting Jeffreys Bay to Trend
Here is How:
1. Starting on Wednesday 20 June every person with a phone who uses:
Facebook/Instagram/Twitter or any other social media platform
are encouraged to use the hashtag #jeffreysbay #jbay with every post/tweet/email and possible communication, whether private or official.
2. Use the hashtag #jeffreysbay #jbay and tell the world why you live in JBay and also show us your hashtag in a photo online on your favourite platform.
3. The most original photograph showing off your hashtag will win you a lovely prize, soon to be announced. Share your photo on this Facebook Group here.
The aim is to have Jeffreys Bay trending by the opening day of 2018 Winterfest, in 12 days time, on 2 July 2018 at which stage we add #jbaywinterfest.
Visit the JBay Winterfest here
GET JBAY TRENDING ON THE WORLD SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS!
A WORLD CLASS SURFING SPOT!
So what does TREND mean in the Social Media environment?
- Specific hashtags: Hashtagging in general is a long-term trend that is still growing, but specific hashtags that relate to current issues and events are acute trends (such as #icebucketchallenge).
- Facebook pages: A single Facebook page may experience bursts of popularity due to a viral post.
- Website pages: Single pages can skyrocket into the spotlight, such as if a new product comes out. Sometimes, entire websites do the same.
- Blog posts: Articles that shed light on a relevant topic or share strong opinions often attract a lot of attention and garner a lot of engagement and discussion in the comments section.
- Video: Bold and relevant videos spark the interest of society. Funny videos are also major contenders.
Using Hashtags for Marketing
What do hashtags do? Well, hashtags are clickable phrases that can be used to quickly organize, access, and discover posts by topic. Hashtags are great tools for making your posts easily discoverable and more visible on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
With a hashtag strategy, you can increase the reach of your content, be discovered by users interested in your service, and strengthen customer relationships by personally engaging with them on each of these popular sites. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter all appeal to slightly different clientele, so business owners can focus on the forum where their ideal clients are spending time or cast a wider net by using hashtags across all 3 sites.
Feel free to engage with us or enquire about Social Media for your own project or business.
Online Marketing Specialist